01. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Went couch surfing through switzerland (traveled alone), went hitch-hiking (not alone), completed a poetry manuscript, got my wisdom teeth out/laughing gas, got into grad school! oh yeah and streaked the lawn at uva! haha
02. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Last years were: 1) get a job 2) go back to berlin 3)stop falling in love with everyone ;)
sooo i did 1 & 2, and have finally made huge progress on #3.
Resolutions for this year= 1) spend less time online (read news instead of celebrity gossip ;) 2) drink considerably less 3) don't kiss someone unless it means something 4)go to more cultural & art exhibits 5)work on self confident & respect (for myself & others). 6)improve german & spanish language skills (get to the advanced level-- whatever that means). whoosh.
03. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nadine in Berlin (Oct 31st-- Keats' birthday).
04. Did anyone close to you die?
My baby girl/ puppy Kuda. Definitely a tough moment.
05. What countries did you visit?
Germany, Switzerland, Italy, Czech Republic
06. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
good sleep, less stress, a puggle puppy (which won't happen just yet).
07. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Getting back together with Flo in March, Wisdom teeeeth extraction & Graduation in May.
08. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Completing my poetry manuscript & all of the poetry readings, getting into a good master's program, getting over Florian.
09. What was your biggest failure?
Dwelling too long on both Florian and Steffen. Falling for guys too fast & too many drunken hook ups.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Usual allergy shit... That's about it.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
20 euro boots! 20 dollar ipod nano!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All of my close friends at one point or another. Kenny's strength during/before/after Kuda's passing.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Lots of boys, but mostly Steffen... it's hard when someone changes or was never the person you thought they were... but I've accepted it and moved on.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
Finishing my last undergrad exam (in Satire), Coming back to Berlin for a week in March, Concerts (Strike Anywhere, False Friend, Broadway Calls... etc), Couchsurfing in Switzerland.
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Treasure Fingers' mixes, Mstrkrft "Bounce," Chromeo "Fancy Footwork" & "Cross the Dance Floor," Broadway Calls "Bad Intentions" & "Call It Off"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
happier or sadder? maybe the same? definitely looking forward to the future, and not letting insignificant things get me down as much.
thinner or fatter? maybe fatter ;)
richer or poorer? i WAS richer w/ all my euros (not much), but they're pretty much gone somehow.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Writing more & playing more guitar, TRAVELING a lot more, studying german.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Same as last year.. haha "gotten hang overs, kissing people that i shouldn't have! ha"
20. How will you be spending Christmas/Eve?
My mom was in Berlin for Christmas.. Christmas Eve was spent going to a Nativity play with the kids I take care of, a very typical East German Xmas dinner, and a surprise visit from Santa (one of the Grandpas)... oh and my mom and I went to a lot of the Weihnachtsmaerkten (Christmas Markets) all over the city-- sooo fun.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009? I thought so again with Florian in March (and Steffen later?). I've become more pessimistic and confused about love.. so I think it'll be a while ;)
23. How many one-night stands? Oh gosh.. nothing too bad, but a few times are questionable.
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Don't really watch TV... so probz Gossip Girl. :-/
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? No.
26. What was the best book you read?
Camus- The Plague
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Dead to Me & Broadway Calls
28. What did you want and get?
Good grades, Berlin, Trip to PRAGUE!
29. What did you want and not get?
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Lost in Translation (I've only seen it once)
31. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Pretty uneventful birthday... but hung out with the family/went to dinner at bus boy's and spent time with the neighbors (it was lisa's birthday party).
32.What was one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Less hangovers, less regrets, less hook ups, giving away less kisses. So not just one thing, though all have something to do w/ each other.
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
boots, skinny jeans, scarves... dresses for going out. pretty much the same. lots of reds, black & neutral colors.
34. What kept you sane?
My friend Chris. Calling my family via Skype. Czech beer, DANCING, & punk shows.
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Always Britney... but somehow I've gotten into 17 yr old Disney Starlets (Demi Lovato especially)... baaaaaaah. I spend hours dancing & singing with 9 year old girls that I babysit, so maybe that's why.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I wish I could say. Something has happened to my heart & passions these past months. I think it's my mind-numbing routine here, which will hopefully change once I start school in the spring.
37. Who did you miss?
Family, Friends at Home, Kuda.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
Chris (thought I met him in 2008-- we only started hanging out this year), Deidre (au pair from Canada).
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
Relax, take steps & put everything into perspective. Most guys I'm hung up over won't matter in weeks, months, or next year.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
"I've met some people along the way, some of them split some of them stayed, Some of them walk, some walk on by... I've got a few friends I'll love til I die.."
|comments: Leave a comment|